Print this Page
Out of Town Teams
ASSOCIATE MEMBERS Information
(out of town teams)
Kevin Meacher, Executive Director 775-BALL
| Important Affiliate Documents:
Out of Town Coach Package
2016 ASSOCIATE MEMBERS AGREEMENT
Out of Town Application Form
2016 Operating Rules
|Baseball Regina welcomes the opportunity to host out of town teams in our leagues. If you are looking for a place for your team to play, consider the leagues of Baseball Regina.
- For our Rally Cap division, out of town teams play games in Regina except for Pilot Butte, Lumsden or other towns 15-20 minutes away.
- We offer Mosquito, Pee Wee and Bantam A for towns that are within 50 km of Regina; Mosquito AA for towns that are within 100 km of Regina; Pee Wee and Bantam AA for towns within 120 km of Regina; Mosquito, Pee Wee and Bantam AAA for all southern Saskatchewan towns.
- If you are beyond a mileage limit, that doesn’t mean you wouldn’t be able to play in that division but we would have to come up with creative solutions to stay within the limit.
- We include our out of town teams in the scheduling process so you are able to work around special events or conflicting dates.
- Our out of town teams are included in league playoffs and are part of our awards banquet.
Our out of town teams are expected to follow Baseball Regina rules when playing at their home parks, including any special accommodations that have been made for some divisions. Please be familiar with the rules as found in our Operating Rules, both the general game rules and the specific division rules. In particular a few rules that are especially important for our out of town teams to follow:
- Umpires used for games need to have current SBA certification and not be a parent, grandparent or sibling of a player in the game. (Should this be unavoidable for a certain game due to shortage of umpires, the opposition coach is to be notified prior to the start of the game and be comfortable with the situation).
- Only leather baseballs are to be used: Rawlings 100 or higher or Diamond D2 or higher are recommended.
- Diamonds are expected to be in game ready condition; safety is key.
- Mosquito A, Mosquito AA, & PW A have specific rules to accommodate skill level that are different than SBA rules. Make sure you are aware of them by checking the highlighted rules on the specific division tab.
- Out of town coaches and players fall under Baseball Regina’s discipline code and are subject to disciplinary action if necessary by Baseball Regina.
- Out of town teams will follow the same standard for forming teams as Baseball Regina uses. If 3 or more teams are being made in one division, there must be a AAA, AA & A team made. If two teams are being made in one division they are not to both be at the A level. When one team is being made we expect a community to place the team in the skill level most appropriate for them. Baseball Regina reserves the right to place a team where appropriate.
- At times, an out of town team may need to use over age players to have enough numbers to form a team. If this is the case, request permission of the BR board. Overage players must be only 1 year older and cannot pitch or catch and the opposing coach must be made aware of the overage player.
Permanent link to this article: http://baseballregina.com/out-of-town-teams/